The Effectiveness of Life Skills Training on Assertiveness and Work Engagement among Staff of Shemiranat Welfare Vocational Centers
The aim of this semi-experimental study based on the pre-post-test method was to discuss the effectiveness of life skills training on assertiveness and work engagement among personnel of Dr. Shariati vocational and rehabilitation center of Tehran. The statistical population consisted of all staff working (18 people) in 2018. Gambriel and Richi (1975) and Selano and Shufili questionnaires (2001) were used to estimate assertiveness and work engagement. The internal coincidence of instruments was 0.88 and 0.95. In total, 60 educational programs were considered as experimental interventions pertaining to life decuple skills (6 hours training for each skill). In order to test the hypothesis, t correlative groups were used. The results showed that experimental intervention influences on the increment of the assertiveness and its subscales (controversial and fundamental) and general work engagement had a negative impact on the attraction and power by interval 95% (p<0/05).
2. Faryad L, Khorakian A, Nazemi S. Investigating the Effect of Psychological Empowerment on Innovative Behavior of Employees through Their Work. Quarterly Journal of Development & Evolution Management. 2016; (25): 17-26. [In Persian].
4. Yuen KF, Loh HS, Zhou Q. Determinants of job satisfaction and performance seafarers. Transport Res Pol Pract. 2018; 110: 1-12.
5. Alberti R, Emmons M. Your perfect right: assertiveness and equality in your life and Relationships. 10 th ed. New Harbinger Publications, Oakland, CA, USA, 2017.
6. Karbasian S, Talebian-Sharif J, Abdkhodaee MS. The effect of group education for assertiveness on improvement of life quality of personnel of Khatam Alanbia Hospital of Mashhad. J Sabzevar Univ Med Sci. 2019; 26(5): 611-617. [In Persian].
7. Wang Y, Xhang X. Operationalization of Corporate Entrepreneurship and its performance implications in China: an empirical study. J Chinese Enterpren. 2009; 1(1): 8-20.
8. Schaufeli WB, Bakker AB. work and wellbeing toward a positive occupational health psychology. Gedrag en Organizatie. 2001; 14(5): 229-253.
9. Davarpanah SHA, Hoveyda R. The relationship between organizational structure and organizational learning (A case study: Isfahan University’s staff). The Journal of Modern Thoughts in Education. 2019; 14(2): 7-24. [In Persian].
10. Qomifar M. Life skills learning and role of consulter. 2003; Available from: ghomifar.blogfa.com/post/14.
11. WHO. Life skills education in schools handbook: Prevention of noncommunicable diseases. 2020; Available from: http://apps.who.int/iris.
12. Makhijja M, Singh P. Effectiveness of assertiveness training program on self-esteem and academic achievement in adolescents. Int Res J. 2010; 1(2): 56-58.
13. Azizadeh Mohsen, Malekabadi Mohsen and Samee Rouhollah. The relationship between job engagement with communicational skills and organizational protection among personnel of Golestan social security organization. 4th international conference on accounting and management and 1st conference on entrepreneurship and open innovations. 2014; Iran.
14. Khadiv A, Seyed-Kalan SM. Affecting Factors on teaching quality in Farhangian University (Case Study: College of Ardabil). Educational and Scholastic studies. 2018; 7(1): 39-70. [In Persian].
15. Mirzadarani H., Job engagement a gate into social joy. Soc Sci J. 2013; 6.
16. Gambrill ED, Richy CA. An assertion inventory for use in assessment and research. Behav Ther. 1975; 6: 550-561.
17. Taghipour A. The effectiveness of renewal plan and welfare indicators for personnel of Iran excavation national company, PhD thesis, Shahid Chamran University, Ahvaz, Iran, 2015. [In Persian].
18. Nasrabadi BH, Rejaeepour S, Salimi, Taherpour F. discuss relation between nature of job and occupational satisfaction. Admin Manag J. 2009; 1: 57-76.
19. Valizadeh S. The Effect of Anger Management Skills Training on Reducing of Aggression in Mothers of Children’s with Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder (ADHD). Iran Rehabil J. 2010; 8(11): 29-33.
20. Mozafari S, Irandost M. The relationship of effectiveness for organizational communication and job engagement with resistance against change in welfare department of Sanandaj. 4th national conference on management, economy and accounting, 2016; Iran.
|Issue||Vol 13 No 3 (2021)|
|Assertiveness Work Engagement Life Skills Training|
|Rights and permissions|
|This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.|