the Effectiveness of Life Skills Training on Assertiveness and Work Engagement among staff of Shemiranat Welfare Vocational Centers
The aim of semi-experimental research which was performed by pre-post-test method was to discuss the effectiveness of life skills training on assertiveness and work engagement among personnel of Dr. Shariati vocational and rehabilitation center of Tehran. The statistical population consisted of all staff working in above center (18 people) in 2018. Gambriel and Richi (1975) and Selano and Shufili questionnaires (2001) were used to estimate assertiveness and work engagement. The instruments had internal coincidence as 0.88 and 0.95. 60 educational programs were considered as experimental intervention pertain to life decuple skills (each skill for 6 hours’ training). In order to test hypothesis, t correlative groups were used. The results showed that experimental intervention influences on increment of assertiveness and its subscales (controversial and fundamental) and general work engagement has negative effect on attraction and powerful by interval 95% (p<0/05).
1. Bakhtiar Nasrabadi, H., Rejaeepour, S. Salimi, Taherpour, F.m 92009), discuss relation between nature of job and occupational satisfaction, administrative management magazine, period 9, no.1, 57-76
2. Taghipour Azin (2015), the effectiveness of renewal plan and welfare indicators for personnel of Iran excavation national company, PhD thesis, Ahvaz, Shahid Chamran University.
3. Teymorian Afasenh, Dolatshah Ziba and Malekshahi Mahboub (2018), discuss relation between communicational skill and job engagement for teachers of Ardebil, Educational studies magazine, Volume 12, 6th year, no.2
4. Shokuhi Yekta, M. Behpajoh, Ghobari Bonab, B. Zamani, N. and Parand (2008), the effect of anger management skills on control of mothers’ anger of disabled children, a research on exceptional children, no.4, 358369
5. Azizadeh Mohsen, Malekabadi Mohsen and Samee Rouhollah (2014), discuss relation between job engagement with communicational skills and organizational protection among personnel of Golestan social security organization, 4th international conference on accounting and management and 1st conference on entrepreneurship and open innovations.
6. Faryad Laya, Khorakian and Nazemi Shamsoddin (2016), discuss effectiveness of psychological empowerment on innovative behavior of personnel as for job engagement, development management magazine, no. 25, 26-17
7. Qomifar Mohammad (2003), educate life skills and role of consulter, education magazine (ministry of education) year 19th, no. 2
8. Karbasian Talebian Sharif and Abdkhodaee (2019), the effect of group education for assertiveness on improvement of life quality of personnel of Khatam Alanbia Hospital of Mashhad, Sabzevar Medical Sciences University, period 26, no. 5
9. Mozafari Suma and Irandost Mansour (2016), relation of effectiveness for organizational communication and job engagement with resistance against change in welfare department of Sanandaj, 4th national conference on management, economy and accounting.
10. Mirheydari Ashraf, Siadat Seyedali, Hoveyda Reza and Abedi Mohammadreza (2012), relation between organizational learning and self-efficacy of job with job engagement, new strategy in educational management, (2)3 1391-154
11. Mirzadarani Hamideh (2013), job engagement a gate into social joy, social sciences magazine, no. 62
12. Alberti, R.M Emmons (2001), Your perfect right: assertiveness and equality in your life and Relationships, Atascadero
13. Alberti R and M Emmons, your perfect right: a guide to assertiveness training: San Luis Obispo. CA: Impact (original work published 1970(2001)
14. Gambrill, E.D and Richy, C.A (1975). An assertion inventory for use in assessment and research. Behavior Therpay 6, 550-561
15. Katzel, R.A , Thompson, D.E Guzzo, R.A (1992), How job satisfaction and job performance are and are not linked, new York, Lexington Books
16. Makhijja M. and Singh P. (2010), Effectiveness of assertiveness training program on self-esteem and academic achievement in adolescents. International Research Journal 1(2) 56-58
17. Peterson, N.A Zimemrman, M.A (2004) Beyond the individual: Toward a nomological network of organizational empowerment, American journal of community psychology, 34
18. Schaufeli, W. and Salanova, M (2007), work engagement: Managing social and ethical issues in organizations, 135, 177
19. Schaufeli W.B and Bakker A.B (2001), work and wellbeing Toward a positive occupational health psychology, 229-253
20. World Health Organization (1994), Life skills education in schools: Geneva, world health organization
21. Wang Y., Xhang X (2008), operationalization of Corporate Entrepreneurship and its performance implications in China: an empirical study: Journal of Chinese Entrepreneurship 1(1) 8-20
22. Yuen K.F, Loh H.S Zhou Q., (2018): Determinants of job satisfaction and performance seafarers: Transportation Research Part A: a policy and practice, 110-1-12
|Issue||Vol 13 No 2 (2021)|
|Keywords: Assertiveness, work Engagement, life Skills Training|
|Rights and permissions|
|This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.|